The 2005 iCSI Conference was held in Copenhagen.
A range of patient issues were discussed:
• How can Information sharing in ART reduce stigmatisation and taboo by Petra Thorn, Germany
• Family building by DI and changes in legislation and its impact on families by Olivia Montuschi & Walter Merricks, UK
• Information sharing in Asian countries - current discussions and development by Dr.Yukari Semba & Kiyomi Shimizu, Japan
• Sharing information with adults conceived as a result of donor insemination by Prof. Ken Daniels, New Zealand
• Infertility treatment: the patient's perspective by Beverly Hanck, IAAC Canada
• Infertility Treatment and Health Economics by Dr Maria Granberg - Sweden
• Single Embryo Transfer: the Belgium project by Prof. dr. Petra De Sutter, Belgium
• New scientific advances: Ovarian Tissue Freezing by Dr Debra Gook, Australia
• Understanding Oocyte Donation by Dr Elizabeth Grill, USA
There were also updates from the four Regional Alliances, updates from the ESHRE Patient Leader forum, working groups on overcoming barriers in delegate's own countries and the usual networking and information sharing!
The Inaugural Patient Leader Award was also presented.